This very special Friendship Box was created in partnership with The Woks of Life, the wildly popular multigenerational cooking blog and the most popular online resource for Chinese cooking in English. We've collaborated with The Woks of Life family — Bill, Judy, Sarah, and Kaitlin Leung — to bring you their recommended Chinese pantry essentials!
In this box you'll find:
- Lee Kum Kee premium oyster sauce is a savory seasoning made with oyster extracts
- Pearl River Bridge light soy sauce is an all-purpose seasoning with countless uses
- Pearl River Bridge dark soy sauce is a thicker, darker version used for flavor and color
- Kadoya sesame oil has a powerful nutty flavor and is usually added in small amounts toward the end of cooking
- Shaoxing rice wine is a key ingredient that will create an authentic restaurant flavor
- White pepper is commonly used in soups, marinades, stir-fries, and more
- Five spice powder is a mixture of cinnamon, cloves, fennel, star anise, and Sichuan peppercorns
- Sichuan chili flakes are essential to chili oil, mapo tofu, and any dish that requires a spicy kick
- Dried mushrooms enhance the flavor of soups, stir-fries, and braised dishes
- 50Hertz dried red Sichuan peppercorns have a warm floral and citrus flavor, with a numbing eect on the tongue that is essential for Sichuan cooking
Plus a Pearl River tote for your next grocery trip!
Box dimensions: 12 x 12 x 4 in.
To enhance the experience of your Pantry Essentials Box, consider also purchasing:
- The Woks of Life cookbook
- Carbon steel flat bottom wok
- Extra long wooden chopsticks
- Wooden dough roller
- Bamboo steamer