Ann Martin Bowler (Author), Soosoonam Barg (Illustrator)
There are now over 1.5 million Korean-Americans living in the United States including 100,000 adopted children. ALL ABOUT KOREA is perfect for educators and parents wishing to teach kids about this rich Asian culture. This children's book is an excellent introduction to the culture and history of Korea. It highlights favorite games, foods, special holiday times, and after-school activities specific to Korea.
With ALL ABOUT KOREA, kids will:
- Learn how to play the exciting Korean see-saw game with a friend and how to play jegi (Korean hacky-sack)
- Learn how to sing "Happy Birthday" in Korean and "Arirang" (Korea's most beloved song)
- Learn how to say hello and other essential words and phrases in Korean
- Learn how to make a white tiger puppet
- Enjoy traditional Korean stories such as Taming a Tiger and Two Foolish Green Frogs
- Enjoy easy Korean recipes for delicious treats like kimbap (roll-your-own wraps) and songpyeon (sweet filled rice cakes)
A timeless book for kids and parents to treasure together, ALL ABOUT KOREA offers not only the most significant facts about this unique country but also conveys the unique spirit that makes it one-of-a-kind.
- Dimensions: 9 x 0.5 x 11.2 inches
- Weight: 1.4 pounds