Slant'd is an independent media company that celebrates Asian American identity through personal storytelling. The second issue of their literary journal confronts the messiness of self-discovery and celebrates the freedom that comes from reclaiming your identity on your own terms.
Featured are 12 stories in the form of personal essays, poetry, photography, and illustration from 20 Asian American writers and artists, exploring topics from coming out to colorism; political resistance to reclaiming masculinity; cyberbullying to sexual fantasies; and more.
Contributors: Allyson Escobar, Bianca Ng, Cassandra Lam, Chris Ignacio, Christina Lan, Deborah Wei, Djiun Wang, Felicia Liang, Hui Ma, Jennifer Wu, Kaitlin Gu, Karen Lue, Karen Mok, Marion Aguas, Mark Kramer, Mikkoh Chen, Nicole Zhu, Tiffany Low, Travis Suzaka, and Vanessa Nguyen.
- Cover photography by Djiun Wang
- Magazine design by Vanessa Shyu and Yoko Kristiansen
- Edited by Krystie Mak, Katerina Jeng, and Michelle Koh Mirtolooi
- 130 full color pages
- 5.8" W x 8.3" H
- Offset-printed and perfect bound
- Printed in Canada by The Prolific Group