A fun and helpful resource for anyone interested in learning some Tagalog — whether you're 5 or 100!
This picture dictionary covers the 1,500 most useful Tagalog words and phrases. Each word and sentence is given in Tagalog script, a Romanized version to help you pronounce it correctly, and the English meaning. The words are grouped into 40 different themes, including basics like meeting someone new and using public transportation to culture-specific topics like celebrating Filipino holidays and eating Filipino food.
This colorful picture dictionary includes:
- Hundreds of color photographs
- 1,500 Tagalog words and phrases
- 40 different topics — from social media and WiFi to paying and counting
- Example sentences showing how the words are used
- Companion online audio recordings by native Tagalog speakers of all the vocabulary and sentences
- An introduction to Tagalog pronunciation and grammar
- An index to allow you to quickly look up words
The Tagalog Picture Dictionary makes language learning more fun than traditional phrasebooks. This resource is perfect for beginners of all ages — curious kids, visual learners, and future travelers to the Philippines.
- Format: Hardcover, jacketed
- Number of pages: 96
- Trim size: 8.5 x 11 inches
- Approximate weight: 1.4 pounds
About the Authors
Jan Tristan Gaspi graduated with Bachelor of Arts degree from University of California, Berkeley and had experience as an assistant researcher in writing a Tagalog textbook with a professor. He was previously a consultant and Editor-in-Chief for UC Berkeley annual Filipino publications.
Sining Maria Rosa Marfori earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in Philippine Studies from University of the Philippines. She taught Filipino language to foreign students in U.P. Diliman and Ateneo de Manila University. She co-wrote Instant Tagalog and Essential Tagalog. She is currently teaching basic to advanced Tagalog at a TV network's artist center.