Van Van's Sparrow Ginger is grown and harvested in Lâm Đồng, a small province nestled in the Central Highland of Vietnam. This ginger variety boasts a beautiful floral aroma with a subtle sweetness that adds depth to both sweet and savory dishes. Its spicy notes deliver a warm and comforting kick that pleasantly lingers on the tongue.
How to use
- Use in place of fresh ginger.
- Add equal parts of water and dehydrated ginger in a small bowl. Let the ginger bloom for one to two minutes. In the meantime, heat the oil in a cooking pan over medium heat for about one to two minutes. When the oil is hot, lower the heat to medium-low. Add herbs to the pan and quickly stir until they become aromatic. Use the herbs to marinate or continue cooking.
- To rehydrate sparrow ginger, add equal part water or oil for 1 to 2 minutes. The dehydrated ginger will bloom and taste similar to fresh ginger.
- If used for dipping sauce (nước chấm), add the dehydrated ginger to fish sauce and season up to taste with water, sugar, and fish sauce.
Please note this product cooks quickly with the heat on. If using multiple herbs, prepare them separately as they have different cooking times.
- Tasting notes: bitter melon, chrysanthemum, jalapeno
- Resealable bag
- Net weight: 1.06 oz (30g)
Van Van is a small AAPI-owned business based in NYC. Learn more about their inspiring story.