NYC-based small business Yun Hai 雲海 offers a selection of premium ingredients for Chinese and Taiwanese cooking, sourcing directly from artisans, farms, and soy sauce breweries in Taiwan.
Inspired by the famous Taiwanese Sweet Potato & Floral Maqaw Peppers from Taitung, Empress's hottest sauce pairs ghost peppers with Maqaw, an indigenous Taiwan spice, and grapefruit. The hot, bright flavors are tempered by the silky caramelization of sweet potatoes for a perfect balance and body. The spice level is hot, but not the hot hot hot usually associated with ghost pepper.
- Spice Level: Hottest
- Fermented Ghost Pepper is paired with the lemony flavors of indigenous Maqaw Berries and locally grown grapefruit to create a refreshing citrus spicy sauce.
- 5 fl. oz.
- Ingredients: Distilled White Vinegar, Sweet Potato, Filtered Water, Onion, Aged Ghost Pepper (Ghost Pepper, Salt), Grapefruit Juice, Organic Agave Nectar, Empress' Select Aged Peppers (Taiwan Chili Peppers, Salt), Garlic, Salt, Lime Juice, Maqaw Pepper, Xanthan Gum
- No preservatives and additive free
- Refrigerate after opening
- Best before date printed on bottle