Black Garlic Miso Chili Oil Noodles
In honor of National Garlic Day, we have a delicious noodle dish made with Papa's Black Garlic from Bessou. The black garlic is made by the father of Bessou owner Maiko Kyogoku — affectionately called Papa at the restaurant — who slow cooks it for three weeks in rice cookers in his Upper West Side backyard.
Papa's Black Garlic has no added ingredients and is sweet, mellow, and almost balsamic-like in flavor. Perfect as part of a cheese plate, pureed in dressing — or in noodles! Check out our recipe for Black Garlic Miso Chili Oil Noodles.
- 1 serving ramen, cooked and drained
- 6-7 cloves of Bessou's Papa's Black Garlic
- 2 tsp gochugaru chili flakes
- 2 tsp Bessou Miso Marinade
- 1/2 tsp salt or 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Chopped scallions and/or cilantro, to serve
- Crush or finely chop the black garlic (we poured a little oil in to prevent the garlic from sticking)
- Combine with the gochugaru, miso, and salt
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan just before smoke point. Carefully pour the oil into the garlic mixture and combine.
- Toss the garlic chili oil with the noodles until evenly combined and serve with scallions and/or cilantro
You can get Bessou's Papa's Black Garlic and Miso Marinade at Pearl River Mart Foods, via our Mercato store, and our website. You can also check out the recipe in action.