Black Garlic Miso Chili Oil Noodles
In honor of National Garlic Day, we have a delicious noodle dish made with Papa's Black Garlic from Bessou. The black garlic is made by the father of Bessou owner Maiko Kyogoku — affectionately called Papa at the restaurant — who slow cooks it for three weeks in rice cookers in his Upper West Side backyard.
Papa's Black Garlic has no added ingredients and is sweet, mellow, and almost balsamic-like in flavor. Perfect as part of a cheese plate, pureed in dressing — or in noodles! Check out our recipe for Black Garlic Miso Chili Oil Noodles.
- 1 serving ramen, cooked and drained
- 6-7 cloves of Bessou's Papa's Black Garlic
- 2 tsp gochugaru chili flakes
- 2 tsp Bessou Miso Marinade
- 1/2 tsp salt or 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Chopped scallions and/or cilantro, to serve
- Crush or finely chop the black garlic (we poured a little oil in to prevent the garlic from sticking)
- Combine with the gochugaru, miso, and salt
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan just before smoke point. Carefully pour the oil into the garlic mixture and combine.
- Toss the garlic chili oil with the noodles until evenly combined and serve with scallions and/or cilantro