Chrysanthemum Flower Tea
Chrysanthemum flower tea is technically a tisane rather than a tea. Teas are made from tea plants while tisanes are made from flowers, roots, or fruit.
Naturally caffeine free, chrysanthemum flower tea is rich in several nutrients:
- Potassium which is helpful to the heart, kidneys, and other organs
- Iron which aids in carrying oxygen through the blood
- Magnesium which works to keep blood pressure normal, bones strong, and heart rhythm steady
- Phosphorous which is beneficial to kidneys
- Calcium which keeps bones strong
In traditional Chinese medicine, chrysanthemum flower tea is believed to help reduce inflammation and blood pressure, and to relieve cold and hangover symptoms.
- Flavor profile: Mildly sweet, not overly floral
- Caffeine content: None