A fun and helpful resource for anyone interested in learning some Mandarin —whether you're 5 or 100!
This picture dictionary covers the 1,500 most useful Mandarin Chinese words and phrases. Each word and sentence is given in Mandarin characters, a Romanized version to help you pronounce it correctly, and the English meaning. The words are grouped into 40 different themes, including basics like meeting someone new and using public transportation to culture-specific topics like celebrating Chinese holidays and eating Chinese food.
This colorful picture dictionary includes:
- Hundreds of color photographs
- 1,500 Mandarin words and phrases 40 different topics — from social media and WiFi to paying and counting
- Example sentences showing how the words are used
- Companion online audio recordings by native Mandarin speakers of all the vocabulary and sentences
- An introduction to Mandarin pronunciation and grammar
- An index to allow you to quickly look up words
The Mandarin Chinese Picture Dictionary makes language learning more fun than traditional phrasebooks. This resource is perfect for beginners of all ages —curious kids, visual learners, and future travelers to China.
- Format: Hardcover, jacketed
- Number of pages: 96
- Trim size: 7.5 x 10 inches
- Approximate weight: 1.4 pounds
About the Author
Yi Ren taught and conducted research in Beijing for several years after graduating from Tsinghua University. Since moving to the U.S., she has been teaching Chinese for the past 20 years. This is her fourth book about Chinese language and culture.